Saturday, November 13, 2010

Music

So, I've been following amanda fucking palmer on twitter and I find I rather like her, as a person and not just as a musician. She has amazing strength of will and force of personality (and amazing eyebrows.) Here just on the 11th, she married Neil Gaiman in NOLA with Jason Webley presiding and there's a gorgeous photo on her twitter feed. Not officially, but for really anyway.

I think it is an awesome thing. I think she is extraordinarily lucky to have found someone who gets her so completely. And she's gone back on tour with Brian Viglione, the other half of The Dresden Dolls. (They are the best punk cabaret group in existence.) Support them, go to concerts, buy merch from their website (not anywhere else so they get the profits.)

And one other thing. She makes me want to be real. Really real. Speak my mind and live my life the way I want to live it. Be creative, be loyal, be free, be crazy or sane. Make my decisions without being afraid all the time of what the world might think.

Be my own fucking self.

Thanks, Amanda.

No comments: