Saturday, November 13, 2010

Reading...

Ghosts of Manhattan by George Mann. Think Batman. Think steampunk. Think prohibition era. Got it all in your head? Add a dash of fantasy and mash it all together. Sprinkle in a bit of The Spirit. TADA! You've got this book.

I know that sounds horrible but really, it's a good book. The author blends all these together in a seamless noir/punk story that keeps you hooked.

6/10

I just finished another book - Ash by Malinda Lo. It's a Cinderella story, but not like any Cinderella story you've read before. Ash is entranced by fairies, she reads the stories and she roams the Woods looking for them after her mother dies and her stepmother moves in. She also meets the King's Huntress, who shows her how to live again. But the fairies have found Ash and they may never let her go.

7/10

Disclaimer: I bought these books and I'm not being compensated in any way for mentioning them here on my blog.

No comments: