Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Easy Street

There has been a revived interest in the house of resuming our walks in the evenings. And the city park is fairly close and has some excellent trails it looks like (for a free city park). Only not when it's this hot. Blargh. I've got my little redneck watercooler fan setup going. (Lots of ice in a metal bowl in front of a little fan.) It isn't going to cool the house like, say, central frickin' air or anything, but at least it keeps myself a little cooler.

And what is with companies saving money by roasting customers out of their stores because the A/C isn't on? WTF. I don't want to work up a sweat just because I'm shopping in your roasting ass store. Dude, the amount of money they lose because people come in and then walk right back out because it's stifling? Would pay for the damned air. (One of the employees told me they'd seen people leave because it was miserable to be there.)

I have the day off tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. There will be laundry and lounging and dishes and lounging and internet surfing and lounging AT THE SAME TIME. It's too damned hot outside for anything else. I hate, hate, HATE the hot weather. I'm a delicate flower and do not enjoy not being able to cool off at all, no matter how indecent I get. At least when it's cold I can make a blanket fort and huddle in my sweatshirts to warm up.

P.S. The B*tchy Sibling's significant other shall now be known here as D. C. for Douche Canoe.

No comments: