Sunday, June 11, 2006

Now That I'm Here

I can't think of anything I want to write. Let me contemplate....

Sorry that blogger was having a brain fart - I couldn't really access anything for 3 days.

Oh, I know, Music.

Have you ever noticed how productive you are when music is playing? What about different kinds? Soundtracks, country, blues, alternative, goth. Every one of them puts me in a different frame of mind. Or maybe takes me out of a frame of mind. I do know it's darned difficult to write mellow and light when I'm listening to LOTR's orc/ogres theme and I can't get too worked up when the hobbit number has a showing. The elven bits get my fingers moving but the actually fellowship keeps them moving.

When I'm mad I end up housecleaning to B.B. King or Rob Zombie. Once my mood lightens up I find things like Garbage or The Dresden Dolls keep me moving. Country keeps me awake in the car usually as does Tom Petty. Soundtracks are my splurge zone though. I love a soundtrack for any number of reasons and usually they cover whatever emotional zone I'm in. The other nice thing? Many times if the soundtrack is good I can remember the scene in the movie where it was playing.

Right now? I know it is the mines of moria "A walk in the dark". Excuse me, the tracks actually called "A Journey in the Dark" I think I'm going now because the bridge scene always stirs me up.

"All art constantly aspires towards the condition of music." - Walter Pater

No comments: