Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Every Day

Stream of conciousness? I don't know that I can handle that kind of post. I like to have all my answers all thought out and "ducks all in a row." It is hard because I want to write. Really write. I want to have a novel in my hands that I wrote. I don't know that its possible.

Well, it could be if I stopped doubting myself. Sometimes I have to wonder if it is possible that my background caused this writer's block. Something about being the oldest child, the most responsible. The one who Had To Take The Important (Practical) classes. Maybe my imagination just needs stretching.

I wish I could just let go, but when the day job doesn't pay enough and the landlord is setting unreasonable time limits, and the money isn't stretching far enough - well, my mind doesn't want to daydream. It wants to worry. *Sigh*

"Use your imagination not to scare yourself to death but to inspire yourself to life." - Adele Brookman

No comments: