Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I'm not ignoring Katrina

But, being on the opposite coast means that the best I can do is donate money to Red Cross, etc. I feel the response to this disaster leaves much to be desired. Why were certain things not done or not funded? Why wasn't there a more concentrated evacuation effort? I lived in Louisiana for 3 years and where we used to be wasn't badly hit but my heart aches for the people I know are still there.

In other news, I've been working out some of my feelings by cleaning house and starting an exercise program. Dishes, laundry, dishes, taking the garbage out, dishes, vacumning, and dishes. (I still don't have a dishwasher so I am the dishwasher.) I wish...I wish there was something else I could do. My mind is moving in circles obviously. Just as soon as I think I've finally let the images of the aftermath of Katrina out of my head, something else pops up.

That's it. I'm off to scrub the floor in the kitchen.

No comments: