Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Friends never made

Just spent some time catching up on someone's blog that I knew for a time. I can't even say that we were friends. The potential was there but either I wasn't breaking through or they didn't want to. I know this is extremely vague and it is meant to be. I don't want any offense to be given or guilt trips to be handed out. Not the way to make friends and influence peeps.

I've tried to stay in contact but I've never been very good at that so maybe its my bad. Could be that association with me reminds them of the hellhole of a job they had. I know I started this blog because they inspired me to. I enjoyed our conversations and they had a pretty good sense of humor too. I received advice from them and I gave some. But we never moved to the "sending emails, inviting over" sort of relationship. I regret I that I didn't make that opportunity.

All I can do at this point is wish them well. I hope they succeed (which is what looks to be happening) and I have fond thoughts of someone who I should have tried to be a friend to a little better.

No comments: