Saturday, February 04, 2006

Mommy blogging?

I don't understand the "Mommy Blogger" bashers. In fact I'm not sure I really understand the phrase "Mommy Blogging." I read Dooce on a regular basis. To me she is a wonderful, sarcastic, intelligent woman who seems to be married to a fantastic man and they have a daughter whom they love very much. Mrs. Armstrong doesn't come across to me as a mommy-blogger, just a lady who wants to share whats going on in her life.

Why would spending more than a sentence on a person with whom you are sharing the majority of your time loving and teaching be considered over the top mommy - ism? Mrs. Kennedy of Fussy.org is also a fantastic writer of the everyday and ordinary. And she writes in such a way that the ordinary makes me feel how she was feeling, makes me laugh or want to cry. These ladies to me are good writers. Good bloggers. Wives, mothers, and all around great gals.

Labels don't suit. They are not right. But if these ladies want to stand up and claim "Mommy blogger" then go for it. Make it positive.

"To be nobody-but-myself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you like everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting." - e. e. cummimgs

No comments: